Finding a local gardening club

Hi all,

Im used to being able to find anything through search engines, but I’ve no luck finding a local gardening club of horticultural society...I’m sure there must be one, but I can’t think how to track them down.  Any ideas?

Cheers

TP

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,795
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 744
    Obelixx said:
    Thanks, I have tried but it only lists schools and some kind of organisation that wants to rejuvenate an area 15 miles away.

I am right in imagining that there are gardening clubs, like other hobby groups?  I might go to an allotment and look for a notice board there.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,729
    Don’t know how old you are, tinpot, but if you are a wrinkly your local U3A might be able to help.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,580
    You could try individual societies, such as Hardy Plant Society, or Alpine Garden Society. I went regularly to AGS meetings for several years, though not going this year as parking has become almost impossible and it's not in my town, so no choice but to drive there.
    Even if it isn't your specific area of interest, you still meet other gardeners, there are plant buying opportunities and sometimes trips out, usually for a fairly small fee.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,986
    Traditionally, libraries hold lists of local groups but that may have ceased since I last looked.
    Might be worth saying roughly where you are, TP.
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 744
    pansyface said:
    Don’t know how old you are, tinpot, but if you are a wrinkly your local U3A might be able to help.
    43, so half wrinkly in my book ;)

Ill try the library, thanks.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,353
    Your local community centre might be a good place to ask too.
  • Loraine3Loraine3 Posts: 164
    A local Parish Magazine may have information regarding clubs, I know ours does.