Greenhouse help!

Im getting a used greenhouse but need to dismantle it, anyone done this. Id really like any help and advice I can get to make it easy to dismantle and reassemble. Where do I start? 

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 26,088
    Hi Perennial gardener. I dismantled my 8'x6' greenhouse when I got a larger one and it was very easy to do. I gave it to my friend and I did crack two panes of glass but that was all. It all depends on the type of greenhouse and the nuts and bolts used. The first thing you need to do is take out all of the glass. Do not stack the glass without putting layers of newspaper between the sheets as if you get water between the sheets the capillary attraction 'welds' the sheets together and you cannot separate them. Mark the glass sheets to let you know where they go in the frame. If its an aluminium greenhouse and you haven't got to move it too far you can leave the large sections screwed together e.g. sides; front - remove the door - and back and the two roof sections. Mine was an aluminium one so I'm not sure about wooden ones. My friend also had an obliging brother with a van who took hers the 50 odd miles to her garden.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • @Ladybird4 Its an aluminium one, and I'll have to unscrew all the sections to fit it. Did you do it alone or with your friends help? Also how long did it take?
    edited 24 March
    I did it on my own. My friend just came to help load it into her brother's van. Then I drove down to hers at the weekend and we rebuilt it. It took me four days to take it down but I wasn't really in a rush to do it and it took us just the weekend to rebuild it.
    p.s. how big is the one you are getting?
  • LittlegrowerLittlegrower Posts: 80
    edited 24 March
    I just missed out on a free greenhouse today. Luck you!
  • Its the same 8x6, I dont have four days, maybe just a morning or a couple of hours... I found it online and dont think the owners would be happy for me to take it down over a few days, its not close either. But I do have a helping hand maybe two if I'm nice and fill their bellys. 
    I think its do-able with two helpers. How is it your name has changed?
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,739
    I've taken them down, moved them and rebuilt in a day, although I had the new base prepped in advance. Taking them down is the easy part but it helps to have someone to give you a hand. Take loads of photos or even a video of everything inside out if you can just in case.
  • No name change, my computer keeps glitching, I'm having problems viewing the forum today. I know not all greenhouse are the same, but do you think its worth labeling all the aluminium pieces too, which side/roof/front/back, as I have to take it down piece for piece? Or doesnt it matter which side its off as long as it goes on the side and not the roof!! 
    edited 24 March
    That was odd - Perennial gardener your post came out under Littlegrower's name hence my query but now it seems to have righted itself
  • @wild edges thats a great idea taking a video, I might label all the pieces and glass sheets and the take a video and follow that. Thanks!  🤗