Mitesof sone sorton teak garden furnture in shed

CopperdogCopperdog Posts: 246
webe just opened our shed and on all
tje garden chairs we stored away last year there are hundreds of crawling mini mites of some sort - thought might be tiny baby spiders but look like flea type shape - do I need to be worried? Many thanks 

• CopperdogCopperdog Posts: 246
    Apologies for all the typos! Trying to type query into phone down the garden! 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,541
    Take them outside and give them a bast from the hosepipe to remove general dust and muck and unwanted guests.  Leave in the sun to dry then rub down if necessary and treat with teak oil.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Thanks Obelix, any idea what they may be? X
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,541
    Not without a picture and maybe not even then.  All sorts of wee critters shelter in sheds for winter but disappear in the warmth and sunlight.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • owd potterowd potter Posts: 44
    Not much damages Teak.
    Virtually indestructible.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,259
    Not much damages Teak.
    Virtually indestructible.
    That's true,I once tried to mend my teak bench and the drill bit hardly made a scratch!!!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
    Thankyou everyone for your replies xx
  • g.eastg.east Posts: 1
    Hello. A 'swarm' of tiny creatures has appeared on the door to the fuse box outside. They are really small and look golden and my keen eyed neighbours sid they looked like spiders and had a small balack dot on their bums. Any ideas? Don't want to hurt them...but..
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,353
    Garden Spider (Araneus diadematus) :)

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 51,379
    They’ll soon disperse ... most of them will provide food for hungry baby robins and bluetits  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh