Not the worst...........

K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 492
I am sure many of you look out at worse views but this appeared in my neighbours garden on Friday. The grey fencing is around 6ft tall to give you some idea of it's height.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,022
    Perhaps they’re going to fill it with plants and it’ll be like looking out on Kew Gardens’ Tropical House 🤔 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 492
     I asked if they were going to as I had the same thought as @Dovefromabove but sadly not. They just want somewhere to sit out when it's raining!
    Can't plant anything my side either as it's a tarmac drive into the garage, but give it a few weeks and I will cease to notice it, thankfully it cannot be seen from the living room.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,022
    They’ll find it jolly noisy in there when the rain hammers on the roof :o

💡 are they smokers?  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,047
    edited 24 March
    Is there room for a long planter trough at the base of the fence?  Maybe grow some sweet peas up it?  Or else hang window box support from that high cross bar and grow lots of colourful trailing plants each summer to take you eye away from the plastic horror?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Don't think they smoke thankfully. I never considered the sound of the rain just wondered how it will fare with the wind, I had trouble opening the back gate the other week, we live in a bit of a wind tunnel.
    Good thought @Obelixx. Trailing plants might make it difficult to get out of the gate but something on the fence to draw your eye away and down, not sunny enough for sweet peas and I dont really like them but good excuse for  another clematis, I only have 12 so far....... 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,612
    Every cloud...... :)
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,047
    Remember clematis like deep root runs.   You should be able to find one that will fit that panel and perhaps even be enticed to head over the garage rather than the gate.  Just type size, colour and aspect into this search

http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemlistsearch.cfm then go find your clematis.   Addictive plants.  I left about 45 in my last garden, inherited just the one here and have brought or bought 16 more........... so far.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw