Help With A Dormant Overwintered Brugmansia Please?

Hello,

I was hoping that someone here might have some knowledge of 'Angels Trumpets' Plants or Brugmansias.

I started one last spring and it grew well though the summer. I then allowed it to go dormant outside keeping it covered up for some protection.
I think it made it although it lost all of it's leaves and it suffered a few inches of die back from the very top which I snipped off.
The remaining stem looks very healthy but I have no idea if it should have produced any new shoots yet because there are none.
Is it too soon to expect to see any, or might there be a problem with this plant?
I have enclosed a couple of pictures which I hope might help with your ideas:

Thanks for reading,
cliff :-)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,888
    edited 23 March
    If I remember correctly @fidgetbones is one of the regulars who grows brugmansias ... I’ve tagged her into this thread so hopefully she’ll be able to pop in and offer some help  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,357
    That looks fine. I cut mine down like a buddleja in Spring.  They usually drop the leaves and sometimes there is some die back. You should start to see new shoots soon.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • bjazz28bjazz28 Posts: 45
    DoveFromAbove, and Fidgetbones,
    Thank you very very much for responding so quickly and for your advice. That is reassuring, and I guess ill leave it where it is and wait then.
    Thanks again, 
    cliff.  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,888
    😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh