Audio books?

Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,846
As I am still struggling to read anything, except on the I pad (I can enlarge the print on this)I do not own a kindle 
I really miss reading and find I am exhausted after a very short time attempting a book I thought about audio books.  I have had a look online  and am bamboozled!
 An anyone recommend anything?!
thanks
Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
A A Milne

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,766
    Hi @Lily Pilly , sorry about your problems . A friend of mine who also has eye sight problems loves her audiobooks. What sort of books are you into, murder mystery, romance, 50 shades.... ;)
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,846
    I really don’t mind.   I think easy listening, I think I have read all the mary Wesley 
    Has Joanna Trollope git anything new out?
    i don’t know her pen name but I think J K Rowling has a new one out   I just ant find them
    thanks
    A A Milne
    edited 23 March
    @Lily Pilly The latest one from JK Rowling was Fantastic Beasts: the crimes of Grindleward as far as l can tell. There's one she wrote as Robert Galbraith called Lethal White.
    Joanna Trollope's last one was An unsuitable match .
    Have a look here 
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=joanna+trollope&rh=n:266239,p_n_binding_browse-bin:308724031&dc&crid=POC8NYPNUEYK&qid=1553358496&rnid=492562011&sprefix=Joanna+,aps,189&ref=sr_nr_p_n_binding_browse-bin_2
    This link might also help get you started,  you can highlight any author you're interested in. 
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=audio+books&i=stripbooks&crid=A8VFWEYMQN4W&sprefix=Audio,stripbooks,170&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_5
    Wow. Thank you so much for answering and your hrlp😃
    A A Milne
    Fantastic and a free 3 books........should get me through my holiday!
    A A Milne
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,479
    Sounds good LP.   We bought the entire Harry Potter set on CD (Stephen Fry) when Possum was at the age when she asked "Are we nearly there?" every 5 minutes on our 1100+km trips to Italy for skiing or the beach.   Then it became "Can we finish the chapter?".

Enjoy your books.  I hope your hols do the trick for you.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Thank you Obelixx   Still a week to go, I must admit I am looking forward to it.
    We will soon be at this stage for our little people. Still nursery rhythms!
    take care
    A A Milne
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,041
    there are many readings and radio plays on Youtube
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,263
    Depending on what you like, I find YouTube perfect for me, I’ve been through all Dickens, Jane Austin, Wilkie Collins, Morse, Wexford, Brontes, and now Lord Peter Wimsey,  I listened to many more, can’t think off hand,  I have to pick and choose those as I don’t like the Librivox editions,  usually American readers and each chapter by a different person. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Wow. Thank you so much for answering and your hrlp😃
    No problem, l hope you enjoy them - and have a lovely holiday  :)