My first greenhouse advice/location

hello, :)
I am planning on my first greenhouse this year as I have gotten into gardening last year. My old man will only allow me to have one behind the shed and next doors fence ,in the South East corner.
 https://ibb.co/NrQNHTy
It will be pointing East/West parallel with the shed. (that is the plan after the wall is gone). 
Will this be an all right spot for a greenhouse as I am worried about the light/shade?
Any advice will be appreciated, thanks you 
from Kane 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 19,940
    how close are they to the shed and the fence? How much shade will they cast on the greenhouse?
    Devon.
  • kanerjameskanerjames Posts: 5
    Not much at all less than 10cm to the pillars, as the shed is 200cm wide, if we get a 6ft wide greenhouse it would be around 30cm gap.
    The shade question is the stumping question, the sun comes from behind the house and goes over the back garden (where the greenhouse will be) so it gets descent sun when its midday. (I hope that helps).
    I suppose it depends on what you want to with the greenhouse. If it's for shelter, it'll be fine, if it's starting off seeds, keep the trays high to get maximum light, if it's for permanent planting, it might be trickier. 
    Whatever your plans, it's better to have one, than not to. you'll love it.
    Devon.
    I just want to grow fruit and veg from seed with a few dwarf fruit trees in pots with some flowers/plants. You say it might be trick for permanent plants, is that just do to the lack of consistent sun?
    thanks again :).
    I think if you have plants living in there full time, they may stretch up to the light. 
    Hard to say for sure without seeing the site, or knowing how the sun passes over your garden.
    Devon.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 4,800

This is the image from Kanes link above.
    where is the greenhouse going? where that table is?
    Devon.
    Haha sorry for the mess but yes its going in there. There will be a gap as the door will go there so a couple of foot. 
  • gardeninglily1gardeninglily1 Posts: 418
    Hello Kanerjames, I am going into my 3rd year of having a greenhouse. It is in exactly the same location as you describe. I successfully grow all my seedlings / overwinter plants and grow tomatoes/cucumber/lettuce/courgette in it. I’ve even had a good crop of komatsuna (similar to Pak Choi ) over the winter. I wouldn’t be without it. 
    tee hee. Very confusing that you also have sheds in almost the same colour too. 
    I thought @kanerjames had been ,and gone and done it in a flash. 
    Devon.