Do i? Dont i? Garden design idea

ok so I’ve been doing up my new build garden the past 2 years. And this year I’m focusing on the “kids side” it’s the view through the patio doors and currently I don’t like the view.  
I’ve been trying to come up with an idea to make it More interesting / hide plastic toys haha. My theme is tropical / jungle. I’m still lacking a lot of the planting but It will get there in time, the ‘adult’ side has had all my attention so far. 

I had a dream last night of an idea and now I can’t stop thinking about it haha. What do you think about putting a flower bed here. (Please excuse the very rough drawings I just used my phone and the string I put down in the wind. That was hard work.  I could have been a lot more accurate but it was just to “see” the space. Sorry had to resize the original image and now it’s  not very clear

What do you think?  I’ll have a thin path running round the edge and plant nice and tall things so the kids have a secret ‘cove’ of grass for toys and what not. 

• WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,752
    Works for me. Miscanthus would work well as your 'tall things' to divide the lawn from the path - it stands up well to abuse from children!
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 334
    From a kids perspective, it would be awesome. From a gardening perspective, it would give you a place to grow more things.
    Maybe you could add some tunnel or a secret shortcut to the area (thinking they will make one between the planting anyway)?
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,612
    Yep, l like it  :) ! Just wondered about the washing line going across the top - are you going to replace it with a whirligig type ?
  • NotyalcaNotyalca Posts: 120
    Miscanthus is a good idea, I have a very young one on the other side of the garden too so it’ll fit in well.

Yeah I had the same idea having a little tunnel through somewhere! I’d have loved that when I was younger.  I think I’d much prefer to run around a jungly garden as a child than have just grass so I’m trying to make it as interesting as possible.  And more room for plants like you say haha. 

AnniD I’ll be leaving the washing line as it’s extends over the entire garden and is tied to the fence and I have cut down tree stems holding them up as my poles, and although they don’t look great, i Don’t really notice them anymore. Plus I need all the hanging space I can get, with 2 little ones I have Mountains of washing haha