Forum home The potting shed

Brexishambles

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,146
    Re fishing , the good people of Cornwall thought they'd have exclusive use of local water, but STILL have access to French waters. 
    As I've said before, "you couldn't make this stuff up, could you?"
    Devon.
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730
    I've downloaded the summary Nollie but even that is 185 pages long and I haven't got time to read it at the moment. 
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,626
    Thank you, nollie, for your very clued-up answer..

I bet if you went out onto any British street and asked 1000 people what Mrs May’s deal involves us in, 99.9% of people wouldn’t be able to say more than “Er...”.

Deal, no deal, in, out, what difference does it make? Nobody has spelled out in the papers, on tv, on the radio (I can’t speak for soshull meeja as I don’t participate) what we, the poor blind bleating sheep, are going to have done to us.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,756
    17million  people  voted  to leave.  About  50million  didn't 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    I thought this was a garden forum not political I wish people would use it for its purpose there are plenty of political forums if that's what you want to do.👿👿👿

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
    edited March 2019
    The potting shed - Under the heading it says:

Venture into the potting shed for garden gossip, topical debate or idle chit-chat

You don’t have to venture in  if you don’t want to. Nobody is making you.🙄

And for those who are interested, it has topped four million.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,985
    And I think whichever side of the fence we’re on ... this isn’t what anyone was promised  :/
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,542
    B3 said:
    17million  people  voted  to leave.  About  50million  didn't 
    I'd think it's a safe bet that most of those 50mil thought the vote was a dead cert for remain because who could predect that 17million people in this country would be willing to throw us under the bus. Leave supporters still flog the 'it would be undemoctratic to allow the public to vote again now that we have the full facts' dead horse.

I spoke to a property developer recently though who says the amount of Asian investment being offered to UK property development has exploded as they see their chance to get a piece of the action. I just hope we stand a chance of getting that money back in trade deals as the UK can't rely on this property boom to keep us out of trouble for ever.
    Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,723
    Marlorena said:
    You are welcome to her.. keep voting as long as your conscience is clear that you wish to overturn democracy and give support to someone who holds such views...  

firstly, I haven't signed this petition. Not because I dislike the person who proposed it but because I don't agree with it.
    and secondly, refusing to even listen to an argument because you don't like the person making it is very poor politics. I don't much like any politician, that doesn't mean I don't listen to them.

I am not anti-government. I am anti-stalemate.

conflating someone who is rather too vehement in their language with a murderer is fundamentally unsound.

There are some politicians in this debate with whom I find it hard to agree at all - mostly they are the ones at the extremes (all sides). Generally everyone's position is too muddled and contradictory to say 'I agree with so and so'. The best I can do is agree with something this or that one said.

Politically I am more atheist than agnostic. It's not that I don't care, it's more that I wish they'd just go away and let me get on with trying to make a fair living. That, at the moment, is something I simply can't do, which is why I don't support revoking Article 50. It just prolongs this awful paralysis and it's gone on far too long already.

“There is no military solution
    Doesn't always end up as something worse”
    Your apophthegm sums it up for you, raisingirl.😁