Forum home The potting shed

Brexishambles

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,394
    Keep your eyes firmly shut @B3.  It'll be fine.

Lies?  What lies?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,273
    Clearly not believing hard enough 🤣
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,633
    Boris and Tinker Bell ... have they ever been seen together in the same place?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,450
    was it Liam Fox who said we could have a deal sorted out in a fortnight? ( 3 years ago )
    Devon.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,609
    Boris and Tinker Bell ... have they ever been seen together in the same place?

Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,466
    I'm a remainer and that's because I asked those whose lives it would impact long after I had gone what they wanted.  Both my daughters and their husbands wanted to remain.  I wanted to stay too but thought I would check.  It's the first time I have ever asked anyone else's opinion on how I should vote (those who know me would say I had very strong opinions about a lot of things and would be very suprised at my approach to Brexit).  I am saddened by the reasons given by people who want to leave.  If someone had told me 20 years ago a story about the type of people who would be leading the USA and the UK I would have fell about laughing.  I honestly thought we could never do worse than Maggie Thatcher but some people just never learn.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,299
    There's always Jeremy Corbyn. LOL!
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,609
    When did lying and treason get rebranded as 'misled'?
    Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,669
    So far the _cost_ of leaving has been out parliamentary democracy, I‘m not sure that was the price we’re willing to pay.  

In fact, I’m pretty sure we were leaving in order to *retain* parliamentary democracy!