Brexishambles

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,069
Did you vote “Remain”? Do you think the future looks rosy?
Did you vote “Leave”? Do you think the future looks rosy?

Are you gazing at the sunlit uplands or holding your head in your hands?

Whichever way you voted, I’m pretty sure you are feeling exasperated and quite probably cheated. 

We voted wothout a clue as to how our vote would end up in this dog’s breakfast of a result.

The only real solution is to revoke Article 50, consider the facts rather than the propaganda and have a proper referendum.

If you want to tell parliament that this is not what you voted for sign the petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

And write to you MP to tell him/her/them how “disappointed” you are in their playground mentality.

Thank you for reading this.
Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,467
    Already done it 👍  ... but thanks for posting the link Pansyface 😊 🙄 

🦄 🦄 🦄 🦄 🦄 🦄 🦄 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,081
    We have done it too, but I don't think it will make any difference.
    When the CBI and the TUC send a joint letter, stating that a no deal will be a disaster, you know there is a real problem.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,201
    Signed it too.
    SW Scotland
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,412
    It's the wrong petition really though. I think it really needs to ask people if they want another referendum rather than just cancelling Brexit. Much of the problem is caused by the lack of a deal that delivers on the promises that were made (and the lies that were told) in the lead up to the last referendum. We'd also have to be realistic about what position cancelling would leave us in within the EU. The UK has totally failed to negotiate any change within the EU previously and after cancelling we'd just be laughed out of Brussels for trying for anything else.

To deliver Brexit, in my opinion, we'd have to postpone for 2 years. Give Northern Ireland an independance/reunifiction vote like Scotland had and when they vote to leave the backstop isn't a problem anymore and they can stop using that as the deal breaker.

Or the government needs to step back, remind the public exactly what we are getting by leaving, with no lies involved, and then see if people are still happy with that by letting them vote again. Fantasy though...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,467
    Totally agree with you @wildedges

And its terrifying to think that the government and civil servants would be the ones negotiating all these wonderful trade deals with the rest of the world we were promised 😭 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Andy19Andy19 Posts: 604
    The vote was to leave the EU so in my opinion it should have been down to the government that was in power to get the deal done for the country. Trouble is there's to much power egoes in all party's  fighting for themselves instead of there community. Am not into politics but really is there any need for all those politicians to run the country and the money its cost. 
  • Janie BJanie B LincolnshirePosts: 465
    Already done it. I said to OH last night, someone should set up a petition for "Leave with no deal" and another one for "Leave with May's deal". Then there'd be no need for another referendum! 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,952
    On question time last night a young lady of just 16 summed the whole thing up perfectly. The real fault lies with Cameron who was trying to fend off UKIP then May's total intransigence. The problem with the softer forms of Brexit that others want is that we may as well stay in if we are going to stay in the single market & customs union. There is a lot I do not like about the EU but I said at the start that trying to unpick 40+ years of integration was never going to be easy or cheap. This is a classic case of the law of unintended consequences, Cameron never expected to loose, the Brexiteers never expected to win, so didn't know what to ask for when they did. Those that wanted out get very angry when someone says they did not know what they were voting for, but I don't think anyone could possibly have fully understood the full ramifications. 
    AB Still learning

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    Apparently there is a record with video that has reached Number one in the singles charts about it. NSFW

I thought the funniest thing I ever heard was a young lady who was asked the best thing about being in the EU?
    She said the NHS.

• MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 2,404
    I'm sorry I cannot join you in favour of this particular petition.. I suspect Tony Blair and George Soros have it on redial..

..  I was a staunch Remainer at the referendum, now I favour the upholding of the democratic vote which took place.. it is not for me or anyone else in my opinion, to change that, something that has been going on since the day after the vote..this does not necessarily mean anyone who supports the upholding of that democratic vote is now a Brexiteer...

I fully support Theresa May and her deal, I think she's a marvellous person and politician, the like of which I don't think we've seen before,... no Prime Minister previously could have withstood the sheer venom and political posturing by others that she's had to put up with... She compromises... that's essential in politics..

As for being lied to... if you are old enough you may recall voting back in the 1970's.. I voted Remain then too, but without being told that the EEC as it was then, had plans to turn into the spider web of entrapment that is today known as the E.U....