Electric weed killer

Do they work?!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,251
    I've never heard of them
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,170
    It's an electrical burner "wand" that claims to be safer than the gaz powered flame thrower types.  I have one of the gaz ones and found it hopeless except for burning off very dry, spindly bits in the drive after a good drought or a spray.   Might have to try harder now we can't use glyphosate and co any more.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Mee23Mee23 Posts: 3
    Thanks
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,081
    Totally useless IMHO.  ;)
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
    I bought mine on the recommendation of our former neighbours in Belgium who has an equestrian farm with a sloping and winding cobbled yard between the house, stables, paddocks and indoor school.  It worked well for them burning weeds between the granite pavers but I reckon here, on gravel, they can just get their roots down too far and get too juicy to burn well.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Mee23Mee23 Posts: 3
    Thanks
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,674
    Obelixx said:
      Might have to try harder now we can't use glyphosate and co any more.
    Has Glyphosate actually been banned then?
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
    In France.  yes.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,594
    Obelixx said:
    In France.  yes.
    Time to stock up whilst it's still available in the UK.  We shouldn't be affected by EU law once we leave, but the way things are going that could still be years away.
    Except that it's apparently illegal to use it here too, not just illegal to buy it.