Which should I buy

124»

• NanabooNanaboo Posts: 1,057
    Many thanks for that. Where the shed is now is where the greenhouse will go, it is two bricks high above ground and if memory serves me right the same below. Then there  slabs on top and cemented on. We can put another row of 60 cm slabs down one side and build then the greenhouse in the middle so would leave equal hard stand all round of around 30 cm each side.

I thought a green house would cost more than a shed but I was wrong I'm pleased to say.

I'm going to wait till the weather is a bit better them my two friends and I are going to build it and in the evening have a few drinks, sit and look at our hard work. As I've said before I've always wanted a green house am so looking forward to having the space to grow more thing.

Again many thanks for you kind help and advice.
  • Hi Dee
    Toughened glass will up the cost of your greenhouse, although better and stronger.
    I have Hort.Glass in my 8’ x 6’ at the top of my garden and in a quite open area. High winds have never effected the glass and no breakages after 3 years. Just ensure everything is fixed to the base of your greenhouse. I supplied extra fixing to ensure no movement 
    Best of luck in whatever you purchase 
    Hi Steve, I have decided on Toughened glass. If I went for Horticultural glass and we had wind like we have of late then I might be replacing them all the time. As I said to Andy 19 a green house is cheaper than I thought, I'd have been spending anything between £600 to £800 for a shed and a green house of slightly larger is around £600 or even less. This is the one I'm thinking of at £569. 

*Only one voucher per order. Includes Potting Sheds. Offer ends 20th March 2019 so hurry to save!!

6x10 Halls Popular Greenhouse - Toughened Glass

6x10 Halls Popular Greenhouse - Toughened Glass
    FREE Base & Autovent
     Click images to enlarge - Pictures are for illustration purposes

• Andy19Andy19 Posts: 613
    Good choice Dee73 auto vent window is a must if out working you will have many happy years with it. Then you'll wonder how did I manage without it heater,kettle and radio and it can rain cats and dogs.  You'll still be in the garden doing something and growing a lot more from seed and propagate saving money haha.
    Well I've got to pay for it some how lol. I no longer go to work sadly to old or so they say wont tell you what I say. One of my friends has already offered me greenhouse house staging that she has packed away in her garage, so with whats already in the shed that's the staging sorted. I have a butterfly light so I might be out there all night upsetting the neighbours. Right I'd best go put this old body to bed for a while I'm always up at 5 am, so I'll say good night and thanks again.