Which should I buy

• widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 269
    Good seed hunting, think my shed was over £200, sorry
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,574
    If you have a Toolstation nearby, there is this one 
    https://www.toolstation.com/forest-garden-shiplap-tall-garden-store/p58384
    Delivery only though.
  • NanabooNanaboo Posts: 1,057
    Thanks AnniD, kind of you to look for me but I can make one for a 3rd of the price. Seen a couple of greenhouses while out today but thought I'd compare prices over the internet before deciding. Was advised yesterday to go for glass as it is stronger then the polycab one's.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,983
    Glass lasts much longer @Dee73 and I find it easier to look after/clean. It allows more light in as well.🙂
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,574
    No worries Dee  :) l would also go for glass unless you have safety concerns, e.g. small children and footballs !
  • tessagardenbarmytessagardenbarmy York,North YorkshirePosts: 346
    If the wind is that bad you may have to be careful  with a greenhouse. I lived on a hill in West Pennines and strong gales would blow out glass from greenhouse  and smash them. Eventually  I  replaced glass with polycarbonate  panels. Tey still got blown out but I could then retrieve  them from my garden and the neighbours  and refit them

Evening All, I went and looked a greenhouses this morning and like the look of a couple have seen the sames one on line and the only difference is around £50 to £70 the delivery charge £30 in the garden centres against £4.99 on line. Three different types of glass Pollycarb, Horticultural glass and toughed glass.

Question is which of the two glasses it the better. Good news is I can have a 6 ft x 10 ft possible a 8 ft x 10 ft but that would be the biggest I could have without losing even more of my small veg garden. Also the shed we have at the moment is on a concrete base will this be OK it gets very wet on the ground around the shed that's why we raised it up by around a foot so I doubt anything would grow in the green house if we took it back down to the soil as it would always be sitting in water.
  • Andy19Andy19 Posts: 664
    Keep the base to put fixings to hold greenhouse in place once done you can drill weeping holes around edges of the floor to let water away from floor.
    That's a good idea was wondering where the water would be able to go. Any thought on which glass is best. 
  • Andy19Andy19 Posts: 664
    Toughened glass is best my greenhouses came with a base plate so hardcore level surface with concrete sand.  Then laid 2ft x2ft slabs with the outer slabs with the edge on the bottom lip of base plate giving weight to hold greenhouse down. Had winds up to 70/80 miles per hour winds and have never moved or lost any glass as yet.