Jamjar Posies 2019

I thought this would be a good time to start this year’s thread, though I am still reluctant to pick any flowers that have not been damaged by rain or wind.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,256
    Beautiful!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • fizzwhizzfizzwhizz Posts: 80
    they're lovely, what are the red and blue ones at the bottom?
  • Big Blue SkyBig Blue Sky Posts: 268
    I would never pick any flowers from the garden at this time of the year when bumblebees and other insects are desperate for food. They surely need those flowers more than I do. But it doesn’t mean I have to stay out of jamjar posy thread 😊😊
    Roses bought for a reasonable price of £2.something, little milk jug (that has never been used as milk jug, just as a vase) - and ready is my little posy 😊😄😊

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,506
    Lovely to have this thread back - thank you @pitter-patter.

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 517
    @fizzwhizz Thank you. The red is pelargonium ‘Choun Cho’, which currently resides in the conservatory. The small blue flowers belong to Veronica penducularis Georgia Blue. 

Thank you, Obelixx. It’s good to have it back, AuntyRach. I have been waiting for a while for somebody to start it.
  • fizzwhizzfizzwhizz Posts: 80
    thank you @pitter-patter - just looked it up and that is exactly what i've been looking for - a blue flowered evergreen(ish) ground cover that isn't vinca so I'm pretty happy about that! also i'm going to love this thread - already starred it :)
  • EustaceEustace Posts: 53
    My first jamjar posy. I was in a hurry, so please excuse the not-so-nice background.

Hello, everyone. I’ve made this Easter wall arrangement for a gloomy corner. I finished painting the egg shells yesterday and I’ve varnished them for extra durability.

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,506
    Oh that’s delightful @pitter-patter! Those eggs are superb! How did you attach the threads? 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    Thank you, @AuntyRach. I’ve tied thread to the middle of a little piece of wood (bits of toothpicks) and inserted in the egg. Once inside, the stick adjusts its position to horizontal and it can’t be removed anymore. I hope it makes sense.