B&Q bargain

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,935
    You must have a posh Home Bs, Debs - never seen vermiculite in ours!
    Do they sell quinoa too?  ;)
    And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,747
    Last year I got a bag for about £2z I love Wilkinson too especially their end of season sale I struggled home with 2 gorgeous woven obelisky things cost me £3 each and they will look gorgeous with sweet peas this summer! 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,541
    Wilko's end of season bargains are FAB. 
    A friend called from there and told me they had 30m hoses , complete with fittings , reduced to £1.50. 
    " How many have they got left?" 
    " 12 " 
    " buy them all ! "
    Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,437
    I have been known to go into the pound shop, I’m not proud, I know my place😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,747
    Always want to go in there, hold up items from the sleeves and ask”how much is this?” 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,935
    debs64 said:
    Always want to go in there, hold up items from the sleeves and ask”how much is this?” 
    You have to do it in Catherine Tate's 'Nan' voice too, Debs  :D
    We don't have Wilko's - or a Pound shop. Now I have Wilko/Poundshop envy  :(

I don't think Scotland has Wilko at all, but someone may know better than me.
    And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,043
    I don't understand why some people are reluctant to shop in discount stores like homebargains and b&m. Yes they sell some ridiculous tat, but they also have the same name brands you find elsewhere, only cheaper.

I got my vermiculite from the poundshop following a forum tip off... Bargain 👍.
    Hard to beat the wilko end of season sales though. They're practically giving the stuff away 😃.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,437
    Our pound shop is not always cheaper than SM,  the cereal bars I like are 99p in the SM, pound in the pound shop.

I do have Wilco envy though, I make a list and when I have enough to warrant the postage I do in on the net.
    Their suet blocks for the birds are far cheaper and the best I’ve ever found, so I’ll order 12 boxes, I get vitamin capsules, seeds sometimes, the dahlias are good.

My nearest one may be about 30 miles away so worth the postage. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 9,486
    You need to be careful with some of the independent £ shops as they sometimes sell knock off stuff. I bought some 'branded' soap that made me itch. 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,043
    Agree with you about £shop prices Lyn. I often see the same products at 69,79 or 89p in other discount stores.
    I'm lucky to have a wilko within walking distance, and pop in at least once a week.