B&Q bargain

debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,212
Hi all just to let you know the above mentioned have Levingtons tomato growbags extra large with tomorite addedfor only £3.50 at the moment. Quite a saving. I don’t work for them but I went in today and saw the deal and now have my growbags! 

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 22,047
    Cheers Debs
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 2,629
    Thanks Debs, OH is going there tomorrow,  think l might go along with him !  :)
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 11,760
    We don’t have a B n Q anymore 😢, turned into a Costa, M&S and B&M.  Just what I need, NOT! 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. 
  • B3B3 Posts: 7,544
    An eclectic mix! Your retailers obviously can't work out the demographics
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 19,484
    Lyn said:
    We don’t have a B n Q anymore 😢, turned into a Costa, M&S and B&M.  Just what I need, NOT! 
    I've never set foot in a Costa, and never will, I've not been in M&S for about 30 years  , but I do go into B&M as they sometimes have good gardening stuff.
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 7,544
    I got some huge plastic flower pots silly cheap there a couple of years ago. One is big enough to still hold my fig tree.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,190
    Sometimes I slum it and go to Homebargains just because they do the only decent Bombay Mix available anywhere now (as long as you pick the chickpeas out). The shelves full of soon to be landfill products sadden me though. They used to have a lady on the checkout who used to look like she was one step away from stabbing me, I can only assume she was hired to frighten shoplifters and they were too scared to sack her. She's gone now and I'm sure there's a faint blood stain in front of her till.
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 608
    None in this area seem to have the offer on and no stock either, are you sure it's not last years old stock they are flogging off cheap??

You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,181
    That's certainly a good bargain, Debs. Might take a look. The ones left at the end of the growing season, which are often reduced to buttons,  are very useful for mulching too.

Home Bargains is one of our favourite shops, w.edges. All sorts of handy little items in the DIY bit.
    Only drawback is the huge, terrifying elves at Christmas  that stare at you, and the equally terrifying teddy bears....   :D
    Daughter and I like arranging the small gnomes [pot waterers] into compromising positions too
    Oh the devil in me said, go down to the shed
    I know where I belong

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,212
    edited 12 March
    It was the same grow bags that were with the other composts and it certainly didn’t say last years stock. Some others piled up nearby had the old price on but they all went through at £3.50. 
    I got 48 peat pots for £1 at Poundland and vermiculite really cheap at home bargains. Love a bargain!