Should I see leaves of Geranium Rozanne by now?

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,952
    First sign of G. Roxanne in my garden over the past years:
    2015 end of March
    2016 mid-April
    2017 beginning of April
    2018 end of April
    2019 too early to say!
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,066
    You learn something new every day - l never knew it was so much later to appear than others. 
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,464
    I tipped half  a barrow  of compost that was regularly getting flooded by rain . Then I realised rozanne was somewhere under it.I raked about with my fingers looking for her. I thought she might be popping out ,but reading the above, it's probably a  weed
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 577
    No signs of my Azure Rush, but since it’s a mutation of Rozanne it might be late to get started as well. I’m not so worried anymore after reading this thread.
  • PicidaePicidae RutlandPosts: 663
    Very interesting, Papi Jo. I have many G. Roxanne but only two or three are showing any buds. The rest are dormant and hiding apart from 2 Roxanne and 1 Rush growing in pots. All three G. Patricia are now about 1” high and G. Ann Folkard and G. Johnson’s Blue are romping away. No sign yet of G. Max Frei.
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,503
    edited 12 March

G. phaeum is coming through strongly in what I'm hoping will be woodland beds eventually. And G. nodosum - I want the white form of that but I understand it's not as tough?

So many hardy geraniums, so little time ...
    I have had the white form (G. n. 'Silverwood') growing for the past five years or so, during which time I've moved house and divided it a few times (it falls apart into tiny plantlets very easily, and they grow away quite well). Seems fairly tough to me! I've had it in sun and in containers in dry shade.

Papi Jo said:
    First sign of G. Roxanne in my garden over the past years:
    2015 end of March
    2016 mid-April
    2017 beginning of April
    2018 end of April
    2019 too early to say!
    Oops! Meant G. Rozanne, of course.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,427
    Too late now, Papi Jo - the ear worm is already stuck in my head
    My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today
    Too late now, Papi Jo - the ear worm is already stuck in my head
    Call the police. B)
  • linzijayne74linzijayne74 Droitwich, WorcestershirePosts: 108
    Big thanks to everyone for replying (and I apologise for the delay in coming on here).  It sounds as though I'm generally a tad premature in worrying about Rozanne?!  I didn't have her this time last year so her regrowth habits are new to me.  I shall keep an eye out for her though!  Best of luck to you all with your Geraniums, whatever the species!  Thanks again.  :) :) :)