Amaryllis

widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 98
Had this for Christmas, planted soon after and have no flower stem, am sure by now I should have, keep in same place as I have other years, have feed with liquid plant food, am I just unlucky with this one? have had beautiful ones in the past. For some strange reason cannot attach a photo, will post this and try again.

• widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 98
    Can post pic now,
    Here is one from last the past,
    Oh dear, I've had 39 views and no 'advice', OK will carry on looking after the leaves, :(
  • Dee73Dee73 Posts: 547
    Hi, I know nothing about Amaryllis but found this web page which might or might not help.

www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/amaryllis-hippeastrum/no-flowers-on-amaryllis.htm
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,447
    I don't think that will flower this year though I don't know why it failed - it's nothing you did wrong, just something in the preparation. If you have the patience, it will flower next year, though not exactly for Christmas.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 52,168
    edited 14 March
    I agree with Posy ... I’d feed it to bulk the foliage up, then let it rest through the summer and encourage it to wake up again next autumn. Good luck 😉 

By the way, 39 views doesn’t mean that 39 human beings have seen your post ... many of those views will have been by automated Internet Bots. Just so you know that you’re not being ignored 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Thanks to all the above, will look at the link, and I also don't think it will flower this year, only hope I can keep for next time, and thanks for info on '39 views' did not know that,