Automatic window opener

I have a lean to greenhouse with an automatic window opener which is old & badly leaking now. Are these easy to change (on my own) and if so any recommendations for a good inexpensive one please?
Thanks

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,546
    You need to get the same as the old one to change easily. I got a new one(different brand to old one) and we had to drill new holes in the aluminium frame to make it fit.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,917
    edited 10 March
    Can you post a photo moragb1?  The bayliss ones are pretty reliable but all of the decent ones cost £20 or more although you may be able to buy just a cylinder if you can identify the old one.
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • moragb1moragb1 Posts: 289
    Thanks fidgetbones. It was here when I moved in last year so no idea what make.
    Bobthegardener I will post a photo tomorrow. thanks. Everything here is needing fixed so will have lots of questions ha ha xx  £20 is fab I was thinking it would be about £75 as no clue
    Bobthegardener hope you can make these out. Very small are and hard to photograph x
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,546
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    Thank you so much Fidgetbones. Are they easy to exchange? I have no back muscle and cannot stretch so worried I cannot do it myself. Are there clear instructions? Thanks for your help. Every day is a new learning curve for me ha ha xxx