RESURRECTED SEVENTY-ONE

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,317
    Your seeds deserve to flourish Chey :)
    SW Scotland
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,735
    Oh from that angle Chey, the seed case has been cast aside so you don't need to do anything. All is perfect. On your first pic it looked like the little cap that is the seed case was still in place.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 3,994
    Thankyou Joyce!

I thought the same LB - usually the leaves open themselves by now so I've just helped them along 😂
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 4,806
    Hazel ,I hope you are wearing a mask .I love your enthusiasm Chey . Just spent half an hour in the garden. Bit of clearing up . Now I need to get ready to go to the dentist .
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,735
    Good luck there Ruby. I'm at the dentist later and guess what? Its gone dark and is now raining! Boo.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,109
    Back from the station and having a cuppa whilst I wait for Lilly TV to finish.

Sounds like you copped the worst of the storm Lants. Hope Tiggs wasn't spooked by the sound of the wind.
    Take it easy Topbird, hope you're feeling better soon.
    Good luck to Hazel with the spindle sanding. You must have the patience of a saint 😇.
    Ruby. Have you spotted the new neighbours yet?

Seed snap of my tiny lobeliea clumps being transplanted into a full size module tray over the weekend.

• Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,332
    We’re all catching the bug lol! Chey, it’s all your fault 😂nicely though!
    Kitty, lobelia seedlings are looking good, they will romp away in the new pots.
    Weve just bought three Cowslips from little town market, family business and all sown and grown by them.
    Off to do some sanding....did 8 spindles ( Joyce, yes! They are intricate and full of round edges) yesterday, will try and do same today.
    Ruby and LB, good luck at dentists. It’s reminded me OH and I haven’t been for a while so must make a check up appointment.
    North East
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,453
    Morning all. ☺️

Storm Freya have a few puffs and moved on.  

Fingers crossed here too for you Lily, and your Oh. 💐💐💐

LANTS.  I hope Freya didn’t do any damage down your way.  Who makes up these names ???🤨. 
    TB. Steady today.  
    HAZEL.   Iv done that job....twice.  It took me two weeks both times.  Worth it though.   I don’t like dark wood on the stairs.   When’s the shed coming ?  
    KITTY.  Wow, those Lobelia have  come on well.   You can’t have too much Lobelia.
    CHEY.  As Joyce said....you deserve your seeds to flourish.   Hello Joyce 👋👋
    LB and Rubee.  Hope all goes well at the dentist. 😬

Off to the butchers.   Syl.  
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,650
    Just got drenched in tiny town - rain whirling around and cold cold cold.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,271
    Afties all,
    Well, it’s started. Brexit, I mean. Or at least the European response to Brexit.

As a result of having silly-sized feet, I am in the habit of buying Falke socks online and having them delivered direct from Germany. Done it loads of times. 

Yesterday, I thought I should get myself some nice, unholey ones for summer. Got into the website, mooched through it - balancing the urge to buy some spotty orange silk socks with the need to break the bank for such a bit of nonsense - picked instead my usual beige, grey and navy sensible numbers and went off to pay.

Put in my email address. Put in my password. Your password is wrong. No, I know it isn‘t because I have it written down in a little notebook. Would I like to be reminded of my password? Not really, but if you insist. Please enter your email address. I do. Your email address is not recognised. Now you are being silly, because I have an old email from you telling me that my socks are on their way.

I email Falke, giving them details of my email address, my password and a copy of their old email to me on the email address that they don’t now recognise.

No reply.

No reply to another email, using a different email address, asking them to confirm that my account number, other email address and password are known to them.

Not a squeak.

We are, it would seem, already cast adrift from the mainland of Europe. 

My old socks are going to need darning at this rate.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.