Forum home The potting shed

Another scam

• B3B3 Posts: 15,018
    Happy birthday Mrs Achtung😀
    If the caller doesn't speak immediately, I put the phone down. If it's genuine,they usually ring straight back assuming they were cut off. Computers don't.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • AchtungAchtung Poole, Dorset. Posts: 159

My wife, Sam, has asked me to post her sincere thanks for all the kindness and good wishes shown to her here and I'd like to second it. She also said that it's these little things that make her grateful that she's still around. Many thanks all. 
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,457
    Lyn said:
    Ive had a few emails from Theresa, she’s a Medium and had a dream about me and knows I need help. She’s probably right😀
    There's a Theresa that lives over the road from me. Can't be her though as she's more extra large than medium :#
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,574
    Lyn said:
    Ive had a few emails from Theresa, she’s a Medium and had a dream about me and knows I need help. She’s probably right😀
    There's a Theresa that lives over the road from me. Can't be her though as she's more extra large than medium :#

Probably Mrs M ... nice to know that she has another career to fall back on ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,072
    B3 said:
    If the caller doesn't speak immediately, I put the phone down. If it's genuine,they usually ring straight back assuming they were cut off. Computers don't.
    My son lives in South Korea and has got used to the fact that we nearly always hang up on him when he phones thinking it's a scam call and that he'll have to call twice. Occasionally, if the connection is made reasonably quickly he'll try a plaintive "Hello, please don't hang up on me!" 
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,848
    Achtung said:

My wife, Sam, has asked me to post her sincere thanks for all the kindness and good wishes shown to her here and I'd like to second it. She also said that it's these little things that make her grateful that she's still around. Many thanks all. 
    My brother had a massive stroke at a similar age, so I can relate somewhat. It's wonderful to hear of your wife's recovery and love of life - happy birthday to her.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,574
    I too have had a family member with a similar medical history.  Lovely to 'meet you' Sam :D
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,449
    Just once in while, something that looks like a scam is genuine.  

An uncle of mine received a letter telling him there was an inheritance due to him.  He took it for a wind-up, but he really was in line for a modest legacy from a relative he barely knew.

A friend of mine had a letter from a mail-order company she occasionally bought from, saying she had won a week's holiday for two in Singapore.  As she hadn't entered any competition, she dismissed it but the letters kept coming.  It was for real, she took her aunt and they had an unforgettable holiday.

Not everyone out there is a money-grabbing scumbag.  Just saying.
  • AchtungAchtung Poole, Dorset. Posts: 159
    LG_ said:
    Achtung said:

My brother had a massive stroke at a similar age, so I can relate somewhat. It's wonderful to hear of your wife's recovery and love of life - happy birthday to her.
    I too have had a family member with a similar medical history.  Lovely to 'meet you' Sam :D
     :)  :)
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,457
    debs64 said:
    In my opinion older men looking at photos of young girls deserve all they get! No fool like an old fool! 
    This is harsh. I've had an email from a lovely young lady just now and she seems very taken with me. o:)

"If U think that a single one time when we hav spotted one another is
    sufficient, then you made me feel pain. Hi there, mount, a winter has
    passed! I am certainly exhausted of touching the door handles. I feel myself
    like a worthless junk. My age is only twenty y.o., and my body zealously
    asks fo
    r your. My thoughts involving you and dreams about the delicacies you
    presented me make moist definitely not only my physical body, but
    additionally my bed. In moments I think about you, I prefer to to perform
    some things with myself. I want 2 be ur sexy horse! If U still didn't
    recognize me, then go and look at my pix in personal profile, possibly we'll
    re-do that night."