Forum home The potting shed

Another scam

• AchtungAchtung Poole, Dorset. Posts: 159
    The trouble with these scams is that they have other side effects, people don't trust anyone who calls them. I had to get a good friend in Manchester, who speaks Mandarin, to call my wifes family in China, to explain that my wife was in ICU having suffered a brain stem stroke. My wifes family were convinced this was a scam to get money and kept hanging up whenever we rang. It took 3 days and several photos of my wife lying in ICU before we could convince them that their family member was in big trouble. Not a pleasant experience. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,574
    Oh @Achtung how awful 😡 and how sad 😢 
    and how frustrating for you at a time when you needed everything to be on your side. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    I keep getting emails with photos of young girls who have seen me about and are crazy about me, all I have to do is click a link to get details 😂😂 a lot of older men who are desperate for affection would easily be fooled by these scams.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,797
    In my opinion older men looking at photos of young girls deserve all they get! No fool like an old fool! 
  • AchtungAchtung Poole, Dorset. Posts: 159
    Yea not an experience I feel I could recommend Dove but happily, from being told that I shouldn't expect my wife to survive the night, to walking in the park with her yesterday, her recovery has been nothing short of miraculous. Oh and all her family jumped on planes from all over China to come and visit her in Poole hospital. So although she's still disabled and will be for life we're in a good place now and she's about to have her 48th birthday. Something we thought would never happen. Thanks for your kind words Dove. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,574
    That is wonderful and remarkable news @achtung 🥂   I hope you both enjoy her birthday celebrations ... please wish her many many happy returns of the day 🎂 💐 🎉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

debs64 said:
    In my opinion older men looking at photos of young girls deserve all they get! No fool like an old fool! 
    Hope your not implying 
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,797
    Marc you are obviously neither old nor a fool. 
    debs64 said:
    Marc you are obviously neither old nor a fool. 
    I'm nobody's fool and can sort out the scammers if it's possible, could be declared as old as I'm 47 with the bones of a 67 😂
    That is wonderful and remarkable news @achtung 🥂   I hope you both enjoy her birthday celebrations ... please wish her many many happy returns of the day 🎂 💐 🎉 
    I'll second that @Achtung mate it shows one minute you can live life without a care in the world the next it can all be taken from you. That's why I never take anything for granted. All the best for the future mate