Forum home The potting shed

Another scam

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,911
You may already be aware of this scam but it’s a new one on me so I thought I’d post this as a ‘heads up’

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/brushing-scam-in-norfolk-everything-you-need-to-know-1-5905801
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,626
    Well, thank you for that, Dove.

Life is so complicated these days, isn’t it?🧐
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,920
    The modern world, eh? What would our grandparents have made of it? 

Some parcel scams end well
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46604625
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,911
    Oooh ... he could manufacture and sell those  B)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,528
    It just goes to show how valuable reviews are to internet sites now and why they should always be viewed with suspicion. 
    Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,426
    It just goes to show how valuable reviews are to internet sites now and why they should always be viewed with suspicion. 
    Agreed, and I always do.  Much like TripAdvisor, where reviews have to be looked at over an extended period to see if there has been unusual activity such as a batch of bad reviews over a short period when most before and after is positive, or vice versa.  The system can be manipulated just as easily to damage a rival company as it can to boost one.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,793
    When the Asian chap rings me at 9.15 am from BT Openreach Scam Department I ask him if he can see the door to his office and then tell him that in 10 seconds the Police will arrive to arrest him

Its a lot of fun as he goes quiet before hanging up  B)
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,794
    I must remember that one @NewBoy2.  I usually go in for the heavy breathing routine, it really freaks them out! 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,244
    Polytunnels thread, perchance ?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,911
    I frequently get an automated bad American accented female voice telling me my internet is about to be disconnected ... can’t even be rude to her 😡 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    I like the ones where you can wind them up a bit. I consider it a success if it lasts more than a couple of minutes and I'm told to f... off