Forum home Fruit & veg

Any vegans here? How do you plan your daily menu?

I'm going to switch to veganism. But, as you know, with this style of nutrition - the body does not have enough vitamins. Therefore, I don't know how to plan my diet properly.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 28,149
    I'm sure there must be fora for vegans ( if they've got the strength ) Most of the vegans I know are constantly unwell, but their sense of smug self-righteousness is undiminished.
    Devon.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,047
    You wouldn't be sarcastic in your reply, @Hostafan1, by any chance?  ;)
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,184
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,874
    Maybe l'm being cynical, but why would your first post on a gardening forum be about planning your diet? Fruit and veg to grow for it, maybe. If l am wrong, l apologise in advance  :)
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,487
    I would have thought protein was the issue rather than vitamins, and maybe carbohydrates and fats? Fruit and vegetables are full of vitamins just not much else. It’s a tricky diet to get right I would think and quite time consuming but obviously it’s your choice
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 9,406
    If we were meant to be vegans, we would have evolved with multiple stomachs, totally different teeth, different intestines and a host of other things we don't have, because we evolved to be omnivores.
    Too many hands in too many pockets
    Not enough hands on hearts
    Too many ready to call it a day
    Before the day starts
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,361
    Exactly.  That said, proteins are to be found in grains and pulses so judicial combining will give you a full set.  However, unless you're a very good cook it's a seriously boring diet and you will need supplements, as indicated above.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Papi Jo said:
    You wouldn't be sarcastic in your reply, @Hostafan1, by any chance?  ;)
    Only slightly. Most ( but not all ) vegans I know ARE often unwell.
    Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,589
    My cousin is like that, she’s always deathly pale, skinny as a rake, and forever picking up colds. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Lyn said:
    My cousin is like that, she’s always deathly pale, skinny as a rake, and forever picking up colds. 
    yup, that'll be it.
    Devon.