Grow house site

oooftoooft Posts: 116
Hello. Like most gardeners I dream of having a greenhouse but I can't afford the super duper shed green house combo I would need just now. I have a north facing wall I could put a wee lean to on but is there any point in this? I also have an area at side of shed I could use but that's even more enclosed. I'll attach pics. The wall in question is to the left of the downpipe. Excuse the clutter, I've not spring cleaned the garden yet. Or the house for that matter!

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,541
    To be effective a greenhouse needs light and warmth.  It will get neither squished into a tiny north facing corner.   We built a g'house on the north side of our last house to have easy access to leccy and water but after a couple of years we moved it to a south facing site with a windbreak hedge at the west end.   Everything grew much better and we actually got decent tomatoes and cucumbers and seedlings for the garden.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • oooftoooft Posts: 116
    That's disappointing. I suspected as much but hoped someone would be on to say east and west sun would be fine. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,541
    There will be 6 months of the year when it gets no sun and 3 t 4 months when it will not get much - fence as well as wall casting shade.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,756
    East and West sun is fine, if you have the south facing greenhouse, come March its like an inferno inside, and you are taking plants out during the day, and putting them back at night.Our conservatory faces NE but its on a bungalow, so we get sun almost all the year, we have a little leanto greenhouse on the side, its shaded by the fence and gate, I use it for cucumbers,peppers,  in summer, at the moment, there are seedlings I grow last September in there.and have had o problems with the growing.  Its the only one |I dont have to put shading material in.