Forum home The potting shed

Spam flags needed

• B3B3 Posts: 13,125
    We're like birds of prey lurking , waiting ......
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 30,925
    Or those seagulls in Finding Nemo - mine, mine, mine, mine, mine..... :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• B3B3 Posts: 13,125
    Circling sharks 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Cue - the Jaws music...dudah.....dudah...

I'm losing the plot now.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,904
    A well known troll and WUM who used to post on here refers to us on another site as the witches coven😀😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Lyn said:
    A well known troll and WUM who used to post on here refers to us on another site as the witches coven😀😀
    Where's me cauldron?  :D
    The problem is - there's less moderation on this site, compared to others, so it's  often down to members to keep an eye out for spam, or bad behaviour, and make the job easier for the mods to deal with. The updates to the site have certainly helped with spam deletion. 
    I don't see how that's an issue, but there will always be those who see it as some kind of conspiracy, Lyn  ;)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,260
    @Lyn there are some folk who think there’s a tightly knit group of friends who have some sort of quasi official position on here ... they’re totally wrong as you know ... but there’s no reasoning with conspiracy theorists 😞
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,356
    It was ever thus.   I have been having daily email chats for over 12 years with a group we refer to as "The Coven" and who all, except me, left a former incarnation of GW after bad behaviour by trolls and WUMs led the then mods to introduce draconian measures.

This system is much better.   Old hands and regulars spot a bit of bovver far quicker than a mod with other things to do.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185

Fairygirl said:
    Lyn said:

I don't see how that's an issue, but there will always be those who see it as some kind of conspiracy, Lyn  ;)
    All I can think of to say to them is Warlocks! :D

I don't switch the computer on until nearly lunchtime, but I will and have flagged when spotted or if it is needed.
    I won't win any competition though. Unless it is broomstick racing.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,260
    Broomstick racing!!! In this wind??!!  You’ll have to hold on tight @Rubytoo 🧹 😆 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh