The lawn dilemma of a small space

Hi there I really enjoy my gardening and my small plot gives me great pleasure. To many people the response is wow when they see it. The problem I have apart from the bluebells( I mentioned earlier) because of the size I have to maximise the planting so as to try and get as much all year interest as possible, hence no space however tiny can be wasted. THE DILEMMA! The lawn a tiny patch of green I've tried to nurture but I'm afraid I'm losing the battle.  The lawn I feel has to go but what do I do in its space? HELP! GLYNN laffan

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,251
    I'd not have a "lawn" in small garden. No lawn = no need to own, store, use a lawnmower . 
    Slabs, gravel, bark etc can be used. It all depends on your use of the space and your budget.
    Devon.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,925
    I agree, a paved area is more useful and you can still help wildlife by planting up pots with bee friendly plants and standing them on aforementioned paved area. 
  • I'm coming round to the idea a sort of sunken courtyard and my borders can be BIGGER😁
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,553
    That sound perfect, incorporate a seating bench and a wee table for your G&T and you’re off  :)