Forum home The potting shed

A greenhouse is never big enough...

wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,415
I was just watching this program on the Youtube while having my lunch. :o It gives a guided tour of the 'greenhouse' at the Singapore garden city project thingy. Lots of interesting bits about plants we see here as houseplants and garden plants but what an amazing project. It's part of a series so more to come as well.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,616
    I went there last year. It is weird going inside a greenhouse (the temperate house) that is cooler than outside. The problem with the walkways in the cloud dome were all the people with selfie sticks doing 360 twirls. I just wanted to push the next one who nearly poked my eye out with one, over the balcony.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,481
    edited February 2019
    Could you have achieved the domino effect😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    I remember  a letter in the Times suggesting the pole upon which cameras are fixed to take "selfies" should be called a " nars a siss stick"
    Devon.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,415
    It's surprising how few headlines read things like 'man beaten to death with his own selfie stick' :#
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    there was a thread on , I think, the weather channel: " places where you're most likely to die taking a selfie"
    Devon.