Forum home The potting shed

Are you awake?

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,088
    Thought you might be hunkering down in this weather change.  I haven't done anything all week as its bitterly cold and raining half the time, just at the point when the cherry and plum are in flower.🙄
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,955
    @islander was getting a bit worried. Glad you're ok
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,166
    [...]The worst thing you can do is be on any kind of tablet,PC,phone, the blue light will keep you awake.
    On my desktop computer running Windows 10 there is a very cool setting which automatically switches the screen dominant hue from blue to yellow according to sunset and sunrise times. I was skeptical at first but find it works quite well! Here's a screenshot of that setting:

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,844
    I’d say go for it @ImpatientGardener ...  very few Kilmarnock willows earn their keep, in
    my humble opinion.  

Any cuttings would just give you some sort of low growing mound of pussy willow as Kilmarnock willow are topgrafted onto something like the common gat willow, not a lollipop shaped tree. 

Ive found this blog which may be of interest https://rachel-the-gardener.blogspot.com/2014/02/salix-caprea-kilmarnock-how-not-to.html?m=1

What sort of climber are you thinking of?  What about growing a pyramid of annual Morning Glories up an obelisk this summer while you’re doing some research and making up your mind.  :)

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,088
    Getting to sleep is not a problem at the mo. Its staying awake!  Started hayfever tabs on Monday and sleepies hit by afternoon , have been fighting them ever since. Usually takes four days for effects to ware off, so should be coming around soon. Then might have energy and weather to garden. 🙄😄
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,831
    Just getting some practise in ready for not sleeping in a few weeks time. Nice of my son to stay up and help :|
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
    Hope you got back to 😴 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    The smallest gap in the blinds and curtains set up is enough to wake me as soon as the sun rises no matter what time of the year
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,831
    Hope you got back to 😴 
    Eventually. I'm now trying to see how many cups of coffee I can fit in before my first meeting.
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
    I’m awake ... been waking every 30 mins or so all night ... flippin shoulder 😟... I’ve taken some painkillers and am waiting for them to work ... and listening to a pair of tawny owls quite close by. 😊