Forum home The potting shed

Are you awake?

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,741
    2 o'clock and all's well (unless you happen to be teething).
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,409
    Awake but not teething😁
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,064
    Hope you two got back to sleep. Am going to bed shattered after gardening, did manage to not nod off mid afternoon, but earlier to sleep means earlier awake 5.30am this morning.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,175
    Had a good night last night, I slept from 1.30am to 6am, never done that before. 4.5 hours unbroken, feeling fit as a fiddle this morning. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,752
    I slept like a log too 🛌 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,066
    Well nothing boring on here.  I retired 3 years ago from 25 years of nights, normally sleep an hour, (that was the break at work) then awake from 1-5, Hubby gets up then, goes to work around 6, then sometimes I go back to sleep for a while.  I had another "sleep" book delivered yesterday "222 way to help you sleep".  The worst thing you can do is be on any kind of tablet,PC,phone, the blue light will keep you awake.  Most sleep experts, medical ones, say if you arent sleep in 20 minutes you should get up, and go in another room till you get sleepy.  I have never gone to sleep in 20 minutes, and no napping, watched a programme a couple of years back, cameras on the folks, you mustnt go to sleep on the sofa, and rationing you time ine bed, ie if you sleep 5 hours, have to get up at 7, you go to bed 5 hours before.  I tried that, would get sleep around 10/11, so took the dogs out, 3am I am still wide awake, I dont get sleepy, it was really counterproductive.  I had a course of acupuncture lat year, was told I am not trying to sleep I am trying to stay awake, said my bodyclock is haywire because of the nightshifts, go to bed in the day, but the last 6 months before I retired I couldnt sleep in the day either!  Last night Hubby was making lots of noise, all the lights on (open plan bungalow) aparently, the toilet wouldnt stop filling up, we have one of these modern types, all built in, the basin and worktop (which is some heavy stuff looks like marble) go over the basin and cistern.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,741
    I'm not even sure if I have a body clock anymore but I haven't really noticed the lost hour yet. I'll reassess that when I have to get up for work in a few hours time :#
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
    How are you doing @islander as haven't seen you in here for a while. Are those cats keeping you warm during this cold snap.🙂
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,066
    The clock thing usually messes me up even more, it didnt this year, (mind you we forgot to put them on) I got up earl full of beans all day, took the dogs for a really long walk in wood at Arlington (near the race track) did lot of gardening, yesterday inspite of quite a good nights sleep, I couldnt stay awake, everytime I sat down, I fell asleep, all day and evening, get a day like that every now and then.  The experts say your body clock takes a week to re-set, yet, whe I worked nights people couldnt fathom I was out of synch!
    Didn't seem to cause me bother the clock change. But starting hayfever tabs omg! Always get the sleepies  for 3/4 days, but yesterday went around like a zombie.  Two afternoons sat down to eat at 1pm, next thing its 3pm.🙄 Hopefully today will be better, but not sure as it's taken twice as long to write this.🙄