Forum home The potting shed

Are you awake?

• B3B3 Posts: 19,957
    Good morning  @wild edges 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,089
    Thick fog here at 7am, hope it lifts as was wanting to do a bit in the garden today. 
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,212
    I have sleep apnoea. 

Before being diagnosed I was exhausted all the time, don't think I'd had a good nights sleep for years. A friend encouraged me to go for tests, at the sleep clinic, after I fell asleep whilst talking to her:) I was constantly falling asleep and you can't stop yourself. 

Couldn't go to the cinema, l once fell asleep and snored right through a film. I can laugh about it now but it was ever so embarrassing at the time.

The treatment has been life changing. I hadn't realised the impact sleep deprivation was having on my life until I started on CPAP.  
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,841
    My alarm is due to go off in about 3 hours for an early meeting. Hopefully I'll get some sleep in before then but it's not looking promising so far.
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,089
    I always wake up early when I have to be up to go out. Today its painting club so was awake at 6.45am. Must have slept very still as painful shoulder blade this morning didn't hurt until I moved, so painkillers with tea this morning.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,841
    I was wide awake half an hour before my alarm was due to go off so got up anyway. My meeting has now been delayed :|
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • tessagardenbarmytessagardenbarmy York,North YorkshirePosts: 346
    Normally no caffeine after midday then  I meditate  before bedtime,  followed by reading a chapter or two and have solid 8 hours. However  occasionally have bad night  no point tossing and turning,get up,cup of decaf an hour reading propped up in bed and I usually  go back over. I agree with comments about neighbours security  lights and full moons even with  blinds and curtains! 
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    I don't have any problems getting to sleep, they say watching tv is bad for you and it can keep you awake. I fall asleep watching it and  reading.

They say that people who can't sleep haven't got enough good bacteria in the gut.
    edited March 2019
    islander said:
    Logan4 said:
    I don't have any problems getting to sleep, they say watching tv is bad for you and it can keep you awake. I fall asleep watching it and  reading.

They say that people who can't sleep haven't got enough good bacteria in the gut.
     "They say" a lot of things that are nonsense.  it is a very individual thing, sleep pattern. Bacteria indeed!  
    :)
    Yes we were awake at 4.45 as usual, hubby walked the boys while i made breakfast.

I kept hubby from not being able to get sleep because I was in the middle of the bed or sometimes  i have all the  quilt.