Forum home The potting shed

Are you awake?

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,245
    Read until nodding off, 11,12,1am ish, (must not try to sleep before then as will toss and turn for hours) up between 4/5 and then cat nap till 7.30ish. And then people say why do you get up so late! Sheesh. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,940
    Tea and toast anyone? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,245
    Wide awake at 6am this morning, but that did mean 6 hours of sleep so a good night. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,940
    I was up at 6am, went back to have tea and listen to the news, bad idea😀
    My mum hardly ever slept,   When I was looking after her with cancer, the nurses told me to keep giving her the morphine, she asked my why she was having good nights sleeps, 😀
    My dad, he could go to bed and as he put it, empty his mind, he was off in minutes, not so when I was nursing him, he was awake at all times, I hardly slept at all for that 2 years. 

I think of going to bed as a waste  of time,  much more interesting things to do than laying in bed for a third of the day/night, if it wasn’t for my OH I would’nt use the bed, I would just have power naps on the sofa, I think I would have been well suited to nightwork, or am I just a 🧛‍♀️ 🧛‍♂️ 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 21,523
    Do you eat black pudding or rare steak? That could be a sign @Lyn
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Are we all old? Is it simply that as you get older you don't need to sleep as much?
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,623
    Not age.  Oh sleeps very well thank you very much but sometimes snores so loudly I don't so much.  When he's in full snoring form I read then doze off when he gets up.  Makes for disjointed days.   Sometimes I just move to a spare bed but they're both covered in the contents of the very large built-in cupboard in the room I'm decorating.....
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    Snoring is the sweetest music this side of heaven.  Ask any widow.
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    Had a C**P night for no reason just wake sleep wake sleep on and on, then up at six for that I have no choice I have to be up to start and get the wife's first lot of  pain killers sorted have to be taken at least an hour before we can start to get her out of bed  :)

Such is life.

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 7,557
    First time I've been awake with the baby in a few days. He's been much better recently so I hope he's past the worst of the teething for now.
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.