Forum home The potting shed

Are you awake?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,752
    Aww sorry to hear you’re ‘under the weather’ @purplerallim ... looks like it was just you last night ... hope you got back to sleep eventually and feel better this morning 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    So sorry that you are unwell @purplerallim get well soon.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,064
    Thanks @Dovefromabove and @Logan4 No didn't get back to bed curled up in the chair with a blanket all night and cat napped . Only just feeling able to face the day now.🤧
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    Well you take it easy @purplerallim :)
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,800
    Turn off the TV by 9.00pm and drink half a pint of full cream milk or eat some custard or yogurt and then go to bed and read something you know nothing about.

Try The Breath which is basically concentrating on your breaths for 10 minutes

Ban all mobile phones from 8.00pm and put them in the fridge.

Good luck.

:( 
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,408
    You'd get a load of cold callers,then.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,064
    The milk is no good for me, lactose intolerant,  the breathing works quite well as shuts down the brain thinking of other things, but at the point of sleep I can jolt awake and that's the end of getting to sleep easily.  I read a book I have read many times, which means I'm not pulled into the story so nod easier, at which point I settle faster. We all have our coping mechanisms don't we @NewBoy2 🙂
    I try to stay awake so I can listen to Book at Bedtime on R4 ... invariably I fall asleep before the end of each ‘chapter’. 

I hear a very abridged version 😂 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    Kept awake early in the night by an intermittent twinge in my foot.  Never had that before.  The twinge has stopped, but now I'm wide awake.
    Hope you’re asleep now @josusa47 🐑