Hi, we have lived at our current house (Sheffield) since 2014 and a section of privet hedge was dying when we arrived. Only approximately 2-3 foot in width. the neighbour commented that the previous occupant had poured bleach near/on the hedge in past years. I assumed that this was the cause of the initial problem. However, after the hedge had rejuvenated over recent years a small section within the same area has died. I just wondered if anybody knew why this would be? Could it be that after 5-6 years the bleach is still affecting the hedge? Or could the potential bleach issue be a red herring, and the cause something else? A fungus perhaps? Any answers would be very much appreciated.