Forum home The potting shed

Please help fill the gap.

2»

• Wonderful. Should I keep them all away from the Jasmin? 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,156
    I'd make sure the jasmine has a good area in front and beside it to ensure it gets enough of everything it needs.
    I'm not sure how well it'll do in the location you have it in though, but time will tell. I always thought they needed loads of sun, so you may find it doesn't do as well as it should, but perhaps someone with experience of them will advise.
    Good fun to experiment though  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thank you! Yeah I'm keeping my eye on the Jasmine. I
    t's lasted a whole two days so far so better than some previous attempts! 
  • Janie BJanie B LincolnshirePosts: 616
    Can I just add that a daphne may well go nicely in there... slowish growing (no need to keep pruning), evergreen and gorgeous smelling flowers at this time of year, that, like sarcococca, will perfume an entire room with just a little sprig! 

• Janie B said:
    Can I just add that a daphne may well go nicely in there... slowish growing (no need to keep pruning), evergreen and gorgeous smelling flowers at this time of year, that, like sarcococca, will perfume an entire room with just a little sprig! 

Thanks that looks lovely.
  • Off to the garden centre today. Can I check that the Candytuft (Iberis sempervirens) and Creeping phlox (Phlox subulata) would count as ground cover for the front rather than growing too big. Thanks 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,156
    Yes - they're both low growing, although the candytuft gets to about a foot high eventually.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thanks