Forum home Garden design

Size of Greenhouse

2»

• Thank you all once again for the invaluable advice and comment, I too will be looking to shield some of the hottest sun 
  • HazybHazyb Posts: 329
    I think with this and my wee wooden grow house + cold frame  I’ll be ok for a few years. 

I probably only have room for a 4 x4 or 6x4 greenhouse. If I have to go small I’m gonna get a good one like a Rhino perhaps.  

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,860
    When I realised my 6 x 2 wasn't big enough, that's exactly what I done - a lovely Rhino for my birthday. From me to me :)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • HazybHazyb Posts: 329
    Fabulous!

Love selfie gifts, they’re what you really, really want  :D
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,860
    Coz I'm worth it :smiley:

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • granmagranma Posts: 1,915
    Having a greenhouse is like having an empty drawer on a much bigger basis...........
    It ain't empty for long , an empty drawer needs filling!!!!! .........my advice go big as possible :)
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,214
    We inherited a 4x2 leantoo, and 8 x 6 freestanding greenhouse, a couple of years ago, added another 6 x8 on our veg plot, still use windowsills at this time of the year AND my conservatory for sowing seeds.  The biggest you have room and money for.The are full in the winter, citrus,bananas,pelargoniums etc.
  • KayJKayJ Midsomer NortonPosts: 34
    Go for the biggest you can afford and have room for, you'll be wishing you had a bigger one in a year to two!! :) I bought a 6x4 as didn't think a bigger one would fit, back garden isn't very big....now wish I'd made the space for one twice the size! It just about does what I want, but a bit cramped, especially when the tomatoes are in there! Heats up way too much in the summer, so I've invested in shade netting this year. And I have a heated propagator in the house and my windowsills are all full...... :D