Forum home Wildlife gardening

Pond Update

We have been working on Our garden following the renovation of our house. We had a little wildlife area already with a tiny nature pond that had lots of frogs. We have built a new pond for them that we have tried to tie in with the modern look of the house but also soften with wildlife planing to encourage the frogs over. We have planted quite a few native plants in the beach part and we have 5 oxygenating plants, put obviously they need to get established. It looks abit bare at the moment, here are some photos of the progress.

• FlinsterFlinster Posts: 883
    It looks fantastic! What a great job you’ve done! 👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • Thank you! We can’t wait for it all to start growing, I just let the dog out for a wee and I saw 3 frogs in there , that’s the first time we have seen them in there. I’m so happy I was worried they had abandoned us with all the upheaval. :)
  • lovegardening77lovegardening77 Berkshire Posts: 331
    Wow that looks gorgeous, I'm jealous!
  • MissMMissM Posts: 36
    Looks really great - mines just got to the pea-green stage. I need to get some more plants - and to finish round the edges, but hopefully later this month!
  • I’m waiting for Ours to turn green! From what I have been reading it seems inevitable that it will, I think it’s only a matter of time  :)
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,296
    Looking great.Your hard work's really paid off :)
    In another six months or a year, it'll be looking very established as the planting will all be growing well. The wildlife will be thrilled  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thanks fairygirl. People always ask what we are going to put in it, and look slightly bemused when we say nothing it’s for wildlife  :D
  • Looks brilliant, and will be even better when it's established with plants.