No birds !!!

2»

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,923
    My cats the same VG, he sits for ages staring into a mouse hole in the bank, if one came out he’d run away, he’s really scared of pheasants, magpies, blackbirds and squirrels. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 24,561
    The small birds can get inside the cages shazza, so don't worry about that.
    As the others have said, the birds will also come and go depending on other factors. I've had loads of goldfinches here over the autumn/winter, but they've been absent for a while, as have the sparrows and the coal tits. It's quite normal to have these fluctuation. :)
    I've been in this house for six years, and this is the first year there's been goldfinches in any number. It takes a while to get different birds in, especially if the garden isn't 'user friendly' for them, but perseverance, and the right habitats, pays off.
    My garden was non existent, and I've built it up [literally] into a decorative, and wildlife friendly place. It isn't just one thing that will attract birds and keep them coming. 
    If you can post some photos of the garden, we can all help with more advice to help get the birds flocking in.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• shazza 3shazza 3 Posts: 66
    Many thanks for all the replies. I'm glad to hear that it's not just my garden that the birds have disappeared from. We live next door to a field that's full of brambles, buddleia and other smaller trees that have sprouted as the field is used by a telecoms company that maintain their mast so it's uninhabited by houses. The Blackbirds and Robin are usually together when they're feeding, think they keep an eye out for each other !!! Hopefully i'll take some photos over the next few days and attempt to post them to show what my garden is like. 

Cheers, Shazza