Please help with this concrete monstrosity of a front garden

I would love it if you experts can advise me on my front garden. It is in phase two. Phase one I have already removed a full path of slabs from the outer area and replaced with buff stones.
I now want to remove the inner part and fill with soil to make a cottage garden style. It was a sort of car area for the previous owner and I hate it with a passion. 
It will be a large area and would need some sort of stepping stones for access but not much. I was thinking of a small stone circle but I am on my own and need to lay myself. I need to remove the inner kerb stones and use the outer kerb stones as a barrier. 

All ideas would be much appreciated. I live on the coast but it's pretty much mild and acid soil. South facing.
Thanks a million and can't wait for you creative wizards to guide me.
Morag
x

• B3B3 Posts: 9,736
    Huge pics. If you reduce them a bit , members with good knowledge, but less powerful computers will be able to advise you. 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • moragb1moragb1 Posts: 289
    How do I reduce them B3? any ideas? so sorry
    I don't know, but someone will come along😊
    Thanks will try x
    Is this better?
    They came up straight away 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,318
    Hello Morag, if you look at the top of the Forum Page 1, you should see a list of GW queries/answers - one of which is How to do photos etc. That should tell you how to reduce the size. I use Windows Picture Manager and in that there is an option to Resize, then choose Web Small size. Hope this helps.  P.S I love your front garden , it's not a monstrosity at all.  Is it concrete under the pinkish gravel?
    Thanks for tip Lizzie27. I went into Microsoft picture manager and hope better. I hate it but lots of lovely things in it. No hopefully just webbing and chips but the edging is concreted in xx
    This was phase 1 last summer. hard work
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,318
    Glad to be able to help Morag. If those kerbstones are concreted in you're going to have an awful job trying to remove them.  Have you thought about planting thro the gravel a la Beth Chatto's dry gravel garden or Geoff Stonebanks in East Sussex? Might save a lot of hard work. You could plant slumpy things which would fall over and cover the kerbstones.