Snake's head fritillary

• DampGardenManDampGardenMan Posts: 895
    Lizzie27 said:
    I can't see any sign of mine, I fear the long hot summer last year probably killed them - I forgot all about them so they didn't get any water.
    That's what I'm thinking about mine :(
  • IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,263
    I think mine really suffered in last years heat wave. They were usually better than recent years.

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 870
    Thanks for a timely reminder. I found one had seeded in the "lawn" last year so bought a little packet and planted them in a pot nearby. I figured if I had a few more there they would seed as the single one had been happy enough to do, and it looked lonely there.

Rambling sorry, but it reminded me to check the pot for them, so Thanks :D
    No sign of ours yet, nor the border ones.
  • DampGardenManDampGardenMan Posts: 895
    Some of ours are now flowering. But there aren't as many poking through as last year, so I think the hot summer may have done for a few.
  • Dirty HarryDirty Harry Posts: 301
    I think I let mine dry out too much before planting. I searched through the layer of mulch I applied at the time and there's not a sign of any.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 1,965
    Hmmm maybe. Mine are all in bud now. Possibly slightly fewer than last year, but not too bad.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 2,585
    One or two of mine are just coming up and one has a bud - hurray!
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 562
    Ours are coming into flower and this year they have really spread, covering a nice area, both white and purple/red.
  • Dirty HarryDirty Harry Posts: 301
    Happy to say I spoke too soon. Will have to see how many pop up.

That's happened in no time at all as there was nothing under that mulch recently.
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 562
    This is ours.