The Last Frost in South West

I know no one can predict when this will occur especially in this new world climate but I think in 2018 it was March 21st in Bristol
Unfortunately I threw away my diary for that period
Any thoughts friends
Never change Tigers in Mid Stream

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,090
    I don't know how accurate it is, but this map came up on a google search.

https://www.plantmaps.com/interactive-united-kingdom-last-frost-date-map.php

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,081
    There were still patches of snow on the hills here as late as 8th April 2018 and according to my notes the end of the month was very cold too
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,608
    I do keep a diary of sorts
    Last year here in the SE we had heavy snow from late Feb until 3rd March when it warmed up - the Beast from the East.
    On 16th March it was 14c - on the 17th March it was 0c and we had 4" snow and more snow on the 18th - the mini-Beast from the East.
    As far as I recall didn't we have the warmest March day ever in late March?

We've not really had winter yet here. A few frosty mornings and a little snow a few weeks ago, but generally it's been sunny and dry.
    Not a cloud in the sky today and it's 25c in my unheated greenhouse @ 11.00am
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    edited 14 February
    I never thought a lot about it, I don't grow fruit and veg so it is not as important to me, I might lose a nice plant but for you fruit and veggie growers it is so much more serious.

I was just having a little look and there is a site called Garden focus which has a lengthy explanation about the sources and criteria they use.
    You can put your location in to get apparently accurate info for last frost dates. An explanation of how they do it is just a little down the page  under WHAT IS "LAST FROST DATE"?

https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/adjust-dates-uk.php

I don't know if it is a info gathering site for locations, though  who does not collect info these days?  or advertising apologies and understand if it gets removed by mods .

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,907
    Ours is listed as end of April, but I’ve had frost on grass in May,  I don’t plant anything out until beginning of May. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,500
    It almost invariably snows around Easter here. 
    It's hard to love, there's so much to hate
    Hanging on to hope when there is no hope to speak of
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,442
    Blimey,  Easter's late this year, so let's hope that doesn't happen...
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,500
    bet you a fiver  :)
    It's hard to love, there's so much to hate
    Hanging on to hope when there is no hope to speak of
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,319
    NB - Just looked through my garden diary for 2018. No frost in Bath on 21st, when it wasa nice sunny day but the next day was dreary and cold. The weather then seemed to yo-yo between cold and hot right until 30th April when I recorded -5.4 at 9 am, which went up to 9 later. The following day it was 10 deg at 10 am. May seems to have been hot.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,138
    Lizzie27

I have lots of seeds to start but as you mention April 30th I for the first time will wait a bit until starting the process
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream