Forum home Problem solving

Do you have any recommendations or know the best ones on the market?

I am looking to invest in a water-saving toilet flushing system, do you have any recommendations or know the best ones on the market?

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,878
    I wonder why you chose a gardening forum to ask about plumbing @michelleana7431700
    Posts like this always leave me expecting an advert to appear.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,723
     As this is a gardening forum, presumably the answer is "save water, wee on the compost heap"
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    Excellent answer Jenny 😆.
    Nut, i suspect you are right 😉.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,053
    But if this is a real question, most of the modern toilets are eco-saving. You don't have to buy a special one. They use about half the water of an older toilet.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,723
    Or if you're stuck with an old toilet, put a brick in the cistern to reduce the volume.
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,287
    Our water company will give you a free hippo :D
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,587
    Perhaps the OP wants to save water in the cistern to compensate watering the garden?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,287
    There are those ones with a hand wash facility on top, the water then goes down for flushing. Toilet tank sink kind of thing.
    Not sure how that works for cleanliness for hot water, or if children can reach it.

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,892
    Bidet toilets are on the up now. It's the opposite of water saving but very refreshing so I've heard :#
    Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,145
    WE! Do you pee in the bidet 😱
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.