Forum home Garden design

GARDEN DESIGN HELP 🙌🏼

2»

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,873
    No problem, @AnniD . Can’t  seem to get the link to work, but if you want to see any of the photos in detail, just type in ‘Long thin garden’ in the search box on yahoo.co.uk, click on ‘images’ then they all come up, click on any photo to enlarge.

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    Hi, lots of good advice here. I recommend you checking regularly to see what is being discussed and never be afraid to post a question there is amazing knowledge. Somone usually has great knowledge on your point. You didn’t say which way you face, which is your north. Are there any local bylaws you need to be aware of It looks as if you already have a lot of knowledge, why not join us and make some lovely new chumswho will all be desperate to share Good luck. Keep ud posted
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • TimmyMagicTimmyMagic Greater LondonPosts: 75
    I have no advice to give, but just wanted to say how much I like your previous garden. I'm planning on re-designing my own similar sized garden (although mine is slightly longer) and your design has given me some renewed inspiration. Good luck with the new project!
  • Hi James. Just happened to browsing the GW forum and noticed you posted the same question on Houzz:). I’m fairly regular on there as I love design as well a hobby for gardening. Not sure if you’re aware but I posted a few sketches for you just to give you some inspiration but as others have said I think you already have the skills to make your new garden look fantastic. Here’s the link https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/5613828/garden-dilemma#n=7      

Houzz notifications have been a little strange lately, they seem to get sucked into some sort of cyber abyss. Congrats on your new home btw. I think your previous garden looks beautiful and just shows what can be achieved in new build plot. 👍
  • Everybody; the house sale fell through. Somebody outbid / gazumped me prior to the legal stuff being signed so they got the property :neutral:
    Thankfully I’ve just bought another little 1930’s end terrace house and the contracts are signed so I’ll get the keys in 6 weeks ish! I’ve made a new post with its garden info on. Help is appreciated x
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,183
    So sorry to hear about that. Such a pain when that happens, and so much wasting of time.
  • WoostieWoostie Posts: 28
    @James your previous garden looks amazing. Well done. I'm sure you'll do just as good a job on your next one. Would you mind telling me which evergreen shrubs you chose please? On the left hand flower bed there is what looks to me (I'm guessing) like an Acer tree? I am looking for something that has that look but does not grow too big so just wondering what it is please? Thank you