Jasmine

I was given a Jasmine plug by my Granddaughter for xmas. I have potted it up and placed the pot in a clear plastic bag and placed in the bathroom ( Not too Hot Nor Cold ) and New shoots have grown from the top. But the lower growth appears to be dying off !!!!

Any ideas please

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,454
    If it has got roots, it doesn't need the plastic bag.  It needs to be as cool as possible until you plant it out in the garden. If it has started growing, take the bag off, and keep it just damp. If the roots fill the pot, move it to a slightly bigger pot. You should probably add a cane to wind the shoots around.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DogbowlDogbowl Posts: 71
    ok but it is still a long way from being big enough to be planted out. Any idea why lower shoots dying off ??
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,454
    If it is in too humid an atmosphere, it could be fungal  rot.  Jasmines thrive in drier air.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,336
    Are the shots that are dying off turning brown and crispy? or black/dark and soggy? or something else? Could be fungus, could be a watering issue, could just be that it's putting its energy into growing up towards the light and sacrificing its lower shoots in the process.  It's really an outdoor plant so it needs as bright a spot as you can give it while it's indoors.
  • DogbowlDogbowl Posts: 71
    many thanks