trachelospermum jasminoides partner planting

Hello gardeners! I have planted a trachy to cover an ugly bit of fence but it's quite small and I know it's slow growing. I was wonderj g if I could put back eyes Susan seeds in with it this year so I could enjoy a decent sized plant there this summer while I wait for trachy to grow. Do you think this will damage it? 

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    edited 8 February
    I don't think so, if your plant is a reasonable typical pot grown size and not a little cutting .
    Don't plant too many or let the BES cover or smother the Trachelospermum as it may affect the light. I don't think BES are monster plants for stealing all food and water. I have not grown them for a couple of years now , but they are nice plants to grow in pots and think i remember them flowering on little care, lush but not thuggish.  Perhaps a few pea sticks or canes so they do not cover the Trach as they do twine around anything they touch?
    You can have them very near but don't let them cover it.

If they do flower together they will look nice.
    And the Thunbergia dying off end of season won't be any competition.
    Trachelospermums once happy with their roots well down, grow to monster proportions.

If they do go mad and cover the Trachelospermum you only have to pull them off. Nothing ventured.... :)
  • FfoxgloveFfoxglove UkPosts: 246
    Thanks for your advice! I have an obelisk on the trachy which will provide some protection I reckon. I will give it a go and post the results come summer!