Frog spawn

• Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,173
    How wonderful your frogspawn is hatching out - you are so lucky.  We still have just the one old frog waiting for a mate, I think it will be waiting in vain - so sad. Enjoy the new life in your pond Flinster.
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 765
    Poor frog! Hope he finds a mate! The predators have moved in already!
  • DampGardenManDampGardenMan Posts: 1,057
    Our pond is heaving with them. Am chucking in bluebell leaves and dock leaves for them to eat (OH is guarding her lettuce!).
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,140
    You could buy a small bag of watercress from the supermarket, just chuck it in, good for the pond as well. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,160
    Had a newt on the plastic surround of the pond so I eased him back in
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,775
    My single clump (unusual to only have one) is now a mass of tadpoles! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • DampGardenManDampGardenMan Posts: 1,057
    Lyn said:
    You could buy a small bag of watercress from the supermarket, just chuck it in, good for the pond as well. 
    I've chucked some Spanish bluebells leaves in. I'm hoping to breed frogs that eat Spanish bluebells :smile:
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,140
    They’re growing!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,775
    Oo - yours are quite far ahead @Lyn. I gave my little neice some tadpoles to transfer to her mini-pond - she asked if the frogs would stay in her pond or go somewhere else - sweet. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • So jealous that everyone has frogspawn or even tadpoles in their pond. Sat here in Sheffield hoping & crossing fingers that I will get some frogspawn in my pond and that it isn't too late. Anyone on this thread from Sheffield & has frogspawn in their ponds? 🐸🐸