Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,354
    Finished pruning my trees 🌲 
    And did a bit of tidying up , garden wheelie bin nearly full , very pleased with self 
    Still got to pollard a willow on other side of stream 
    Just had lunch , time for a nap before visitors come 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,552
    Beautiful day, pruned last of the roses.  All of february's jobs completed now.  First daffs in flower and crocus looking glorious.  Brachycome seeds germinated only took a few days.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Finished repotting plants from seed/cuttings taken last Autumn.  Ready to start the big seed sowing next week. OH started clearing dead/weedy part of lawn.  It was originally a path and the soil is more like gravel and grit.  We have some fresh topsoil ready to fill the area.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,707
    Pottered, some more pruning, clearing up, brushing paving etc. Put the new Coronilla in a spare terracotta pot and put it outside by front door where we can admire it. Not quite sure where to plant it yet. 
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    I did a lot today. I potted on some overwintered plants, then set off to tackle the front North facing garden on a dangerous (for me) slope. I cleared away all the winter protection, scrapped a lot of moss from boulders and on and on. It looks so much better and almost cheerful with the hellibores smiling their heads off. I then had a nap.
    SW Scotland
  • I bought and planted a rose today. Not sure if it is the right time, but in the garden center they are kept outside, in pots. So I thought it can only be better if it is still outside, but properly planted. The plant has small buds all over, but practically no white roots. Hopefully it will take. 
    The variety is called “Compassion” and is aparently very fragrant with peachy/apricoty flowers.  :open_mouth:
    Surrey
  • Did a lot more pruning of brambles at plot well just behind to let the light into the plot,spotted a bee and a butterfly all this sunny weather they are liking it and me too - just lots of cream on hands from bramble pain
    Hampshire Gardener
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,707
    Gardengirl,  I had a whole berberis hedge to prune so bought some new "Tough Touch"
    leather gauntlet gloves - expensive at just under £30 but my goodness, they were brilliant. Only drawback is that they are not waterproof and you have to let them dry naturally. 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,552
    Nice sunny day here again so managed to get out and edged the front lawn and weeded borders, planted some snowdrops. In the back garden I moved Euonymus Silver Queen (was a bit cramped where it was) and planted snowdrops and bluebells. Still trying to eradicate Acanthus Mollis so spent half an hour digging up new growth.  I'm loving this gardening weather.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,106
    Well got the tomato seeds in, and done the sweet peas too. OH has started on pulling down the shed, but it has to be done carefully so the wood is reusable. Noticed lots of new growth on shrubs and roses, and buds swelling on fruit trees. Hope the next two months don't get too cold and shock all this growth.