Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Good to hear the wife feels a bit better @Hampshire_Hog , everything seems to be better for a couple of bright milder days, hope it lasts but it's a bit early for spring weather yet. At least its given everyone the impetus to start planting.😀
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478
    Unfortunately no gardening , got visitors coming tomorrow for a few days  , so shopping and tidying house etc 
    Just having coffee outside on front garden bench 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,568
    Absolutely glorious day, bought some polyanthus at the GC and planted them out. Dug up a rather sad looking hebe and replaced with a nandina l have had in a pot by the back door. Cut back the hebe, potted it up and put in the coldframe. Sat on the bench with a cup of tea and breathed in the saraccoca perfume while watching the bees. Bliss, had to keep reminding myself that it's only February! 
  • We gave the front garden a big tidy this morning.  Not a breathe of wind - a real suntrap. Removed a couple of dozen Spanish bluebells - bulbs included, admired the few snowdrops in flower, picked up a barrow load of twigs for shredding and pulled out another barrow of weeds.  Job done for a month or two. This afternoon I fed and watered all my pots which are full of flowering spring bulbs or evergreens. Feeling satisfied.
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,783
    Tin pot said:
    A bit more colour poking through now :smile:

And now they’ve opened up :)

Abit more colour from the aneomes too :)

So ive been around and done a little deadheading!

First real gardening of the year in my book ;)
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,491
    Beautiful flowers Tinpot.  I re-potted the small plants I had in 9cm pots, foxgloves, cowslips and sage. Watered them well and replaced in porch for anor few weeks I think.
    Was really pleased this morning as we popped into Homebase to have a "look-see" and they had a sale on of various pelleted fertilisers, slug pellets and rose food, so I stocked up.  I also bought a new garden cart as mine has a hole in the bottom through being bashed too often on the steps.
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
  • Logan4Logan4 Posts: 2,590
    Lovely flowers @Tin pot

Making one of the borders wider so i can plant some polyanthus in and this autumn buy some more crocuses to put in between.
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 883
    Finally planted my garlic, sowed peas, turnips, lettuce and spring onion indoors and pricked out the rocket, then ordered 2 blueberry bushes. Bulbs are growing but no flowers yet... glorious weather!
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,783
    Thanks @Lizzie27 @Logan4

Small victories :)
  • Decided to do my bit for bio diversity.  Started to dig up sections  of my back lawn and plant wild flower  plugs. Hopefully  an allotment  day today.