Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,944
    Did a bit of weed spraying in car park to remove grass to have bark chipping instead as pain to cut in summer and very uneven ground
    Bit of digging of plot where I will be planting out verbena B plantlets - grown from seed lasst year and digging to level middle of plot, some broad beans in flower now from November sown
    Could have a frost on Sunday morning so be careful with seedlings - still not sown anything but the 2 x 5 tier gh's are clear and clean and some trays cleaned
    Lizzie loverly magnolia really like looking at them in gardens
    Hampshire Gardener
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,453
    Gardengirl , have the allotment ass thought about Road Planeings for car park , we got some last year for filling the ruts in the road way ,it  has worked really well 
  • NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 852
    Went and bought some cheap compost to dig into the veg patch and some more wood 8 8ft long pieces, more building in the garden. Just finished reshaping the lawn OH didn't notice I've taken more lawn for my veg patch >:) re covered the cloche and put stakes and wire round to stop the cats also put the onions back in the modules after the bl**dy cats last night.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,663
    Hope you have saved some @Dee73
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,703
    Thanks to Nut managed to identify a couple of horrible weeds so I've been out and removed them.  I'm trying to revamp a shady area of the garden with pots so I'll be checking out plants on the internet for some of the day.  I've also planted some penstemon cuttings,  mind you if they are pink and not purple they might have to be moved again. Why doesn't some invent a way of keeping track of what colour your plants are?  Oh yes, they have, they are called plant labels!!!
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

purplerallim, I was very lucky I only lost one onion plus the fleece, well I think only one time will tell. I have some plastic coat mesh aprox 2 ft high so put that round cloche.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,663
    Good idea, hope I fair as well when mine get planted . Horticultural fort knox here I come.🙂
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 5,878
    I have planted out some beetroot seedlings, also trying some radish plugs for the first time - they are now safely in the soil. Other than that met a man who has now told us we have had too much field so chopping off a good metre or so.
    Yes far to much my back is killing me so having a rest before tea.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,453
    Just cut the lawns , going away tomorrow for 2 weeks , so I have turned off the bookmarker 
    The Hawthorns hedges are now fully greened up , so spring has sprung 
    Just having a cup of coffee outside in the sun 
    Everybody enjoy the garden